Monday, September 25, 2006

Roy G. Biv

To tell the truth, my first thought at the sound of our topic today was that phrase about the colorless green ideas or whatnot. But upon further thought process and cognitive action, I soon thought of another subject on which to write about.
My favorite color is red. No really. I’m not making this stuff up. Actually I have two favorite colors, which are black and red. With these two colors I was able to decorate my room back home. I chose something like “Shut up Piotch, Black” and “Supah Brizzight Red” for my paint colors. The red however made for an awkward situation at The Home Depot paint counter. While manly men watched on with their neutral deck paints and cream kitchen wall colors, the paint mixer came back with my can and opened the lid. Now make sure you understand, this was as red as you can get before someone dies of a red overdose. But anyways, all these homophobic and extremely masculine men looked at me oddly after seeing my choice of color.
My room, now with opposing walls of black and red, suits my inner decorator to the highest degree. The boldness of my scarlet offset in alternating walls with my depths of abyssal black serve as a true picture of me: Completely torn between whatever it is that I friggin’ want. But we’ll leave that can o’ worms for another blog entry.
Join us again for the ten o’clock news at eleven. This is Rich Butler saying, “Good News, and Good Cake.”

No comments: