Tuesday, October 17, 2006

UA Aeronautics Research Takes Flight

This article is kind of interesting, or maybe that’s just me because I’m geekish. (and yes that’s a word) Basically this article talks about the gas turbine facility and what the university is planning to test in there. What they want to do is test the effects of birds on jet engines and also to test the benefits of other materials. The article continues on stating that our facility is the only one designed to actually do destructive tests as opposed to the ones in Cincinnati or Ohio State.

As for my opinion of the article, I found it slightly underwhelming in depth and in anything new learned in the article. Oh, and the title was realy cute too. I suppose this is only an introductory article and either there is going to be a follow up story or you as the reader are expected to look deeper into the subject. This just seems like too short of an article for the subject that it takes on. Perhaps the writer didn’t spend much time getting background on the topic or only took interviews over the phone. Either way, I would have liked to see more concentration on the facility.

No comments: